Tips & Tricks
- To make these BLTA chicken lettuce wraps, I use romaine lettuce. You could use butter lettuce or regular leaf lettuce, but I prefer romaine because it makes BLTA wraps that are easy to pick up and eat.
- I used leftover bacon and roasted chicken for this recipe, but you could also buy and cook bacon and boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Just shred or chop the chicken and add mayo.
- Whole30? No problem! Both of the avocado oil mayo options above are also Whole30-compliant, so all you have to do is choose bacon that is Whole30 compliant, as well. Olive You Whole provides a helpful list of Whole30 compliant bacon that you can find by clicking here.
- You will need good quality bacon and ripe, flavorful tomatoes and avocados to make a crazy good BLTA Chicken Wrap. Good ingredients make good food. Just sayin’…
BLTA Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These BLTA Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a great way to enjoy the mouth-watering flavors of a BLT if you are following a keto, Paleo, Whole30, low-carb or gluten-free diet. Check out the simple recipe below!
BLTA chicken Lettuce Wraps
These BLTA Chicken Lettuce Wraps combine the flavors of a mouth-watering BLT but without the bread, making these gluten-free, Paleo, low-carb and keto. Whole30 compliant ingredients makes this easy recipe Whole30-friendly, too!
- 1 lb chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), cooked
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 10-12 slices bacon, cooked
- 5 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 avocados
If you are not using leftover chicken and bacon, roast the chicken breasts at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes and cook the bacon until done. Set aside.
Shred or chop the cooked chicken. Add the mayo and mix until well combined.
Prepare the avocados by cutting each avocado in half, removing the seed and scooping the flesh out of the skin. Slice lengthwise into pieces about ¼ inch thick and set aside.
Pull the romaine lettuce leaves off the head of romaine lettuce until you have about 10 good leaves.
Slice the tomatoes and lay 2-3 slices of tomato on each leaf of lettuce (2 for a small leaf, 3 for a large leaf). Add 1-2 pieces of bacon to each leaf of lettuce followed by 2-3 slices of avocado and ¼ - ½ cup of chicken (¼ cup for small leaf, ½ cup for large leaf).
Disclosure: this post includes affiliate links for convenience. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.