Knowledge is empowering, especially when you’re looking for answers. This page includes a collection of other websites and books that I’ve found helpful in my journey.
Food / Recipe Blogs:
I hope the recipes on Neurons and Nourishment get you off to a good start, but here is a list of my favorite food blogs so you never run out of yummy, nutritious recipes!
- 40Aprons – Cheryl’s recipes are Whole30, low-carb, keto and/or Paleo and absolutely delicious!
- What Great Grandma Ate – primarily focused on Paleo but also Whole30, low-carb and/or keto, Jean’s recipes are also amazing! She is also the author of a fantastic cookbook, Korean Paleo.
- Wholesome Yum – Maya focuses on delicious low-carb / keto recipes with 10 ingredients or less
- Low Carb Yum – another great resource for low carb and keto recipes
- A Saucy Kitchen – all recipes are gluten-free, and many are also Paleo, vegan and/or low FODMAP
- Raising Generation Nourished – a great place to find clean, real food recipes that are kid-friendly!
- Recipes to Nourish – Emily is the author of four cookbooks focused on Instant Pot recipes! Her website is full of real food recipes that are also Paleo and/or Primal.
- Love Food Nourish – Hope is a Naturopath that shares delicious recipes that are friendly to all sorts of special diets and food allergies.
- I Heart Umami – Asian recipes made clean, Paleo, Whole30 and/or keto!
- Whole New Mom – Adrienne has a lot of experience with food allergies so her recipes are allergy-friendly and cater to an array of special diets.
- Healthy Seasonal Recipes – Katie is a trained chef and has tons of recipes on her site that cater to all sorts of special diets and ingredients!
- Real Food Dietitians – two dietitians teamed up to share recipes that are allergy-friendly and also Paleo, Whole30, low-carb and/or vegan.
Mental Health Blogs:
- Feed Your Brain – Maria Cross, MSc, is passionate about nutrition for mental health. Her Medium publication has articles on a wonderful array of topics to help you learn about how diet impacts your mood and brain function.
- Dr. Danel Amen – Dr. Amen is a Psychiatrist and New York Times best selling author with educational shows on PBS. He takes a very holistic approach to mental health, focusing on finding the cause instead of just treating symptoms. His blog has tons of great articles!
- Dr. David Perlmutter – Dr. Perlmutter is a neurologist with a nutritional approach and another New York Times best selling author. His articles are incredibly informative!
- Dr. Drew Ramsey – another Psychiatrist who has embraced a nutritional approach to mental health.
- Psychology Today – I’ve found countless articles on this website that I have found intriguing!
- ADDitude Magazine – a website all about ADD and ADHD.
- Neuroscience News
- The Food Mood Cure by Julia Ross – this book is straight forward and informative. A necessity for anyone struggling with mood or addiction!
- The UltraMind Solution by Dr. Mark Hyman – another book full of great information about how diet affects mental health.
- Dr. Perlmutter’s books: Grain Brain and Brain Maker – both books will blow your mind!
- Dr. Daniel Amen’s books – there are several of them and they’re all fascinating.
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma or In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan – – both are essential for anyone who is interested in learning more about our food system, how it impacts our overall health and why eating a real food diet is crucial.
- Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson – another great overall book that will inspire you to eat and live better!
I hope these resources provide some answers and enjoyable recipes. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact me and ask. I’ll help if I can!